Sunday, June 19, 2016

Answering Questions Email

June 6, 2016
Answering Questions Email
So this email will be me answering all the questions everyone has asked me that I have been really lazy about answering so here it goes.

1.       Have you had more storms this week?  Any tornado scares?
We had five storms in a row! It was super fun! It rained so hard it hurt to walk outside and it flooded a lot! We didn't have any tornados in Wichita—just a few tornado watches but nothing happened. In Dodge they had three big tornado's touch down and President Bell got a video of one.

2.       Tell us about your new companion!  Sister Folkman wants the scoop…
Sister Mertens (my comp) is really cool honestly haha. She and I got along really fast and make jokes and tease each other a lot and have fun. We work really well with each other and see tons of miracles. We actually talked till 2 in the morning one Sunday night. Tell Sister Folkman that we get along Great and It was the funniest thing to find out she was related to them we literally were like NO FREAKING WAY !!!!

3.     Ahem.  Pictures Please?
I have really been slacking on the pictures sorry but I have some video's I will send you.

4.      What’s the funniest thing that happened to you this week? 
So there are multiple funny stories this week. The first one was on Thursday when we literally called everyone on the ward roster and no one wanted to go out with us or give us a ride or was busy. We finally got a ride to take us to Seneca which is the most Ghetto part of our area... it’s like Watt Ave in Sacramento.  We had to walk the whole time. We tried to visit some of our investigators but no one answered or they just ignored our knocks. We finally got in to a less active member's home. Just as we were sitting down she got a call that she needed to leave soon. Sister Mertens asked if we could show a short two minute video before we left and she looked at us and said with a VERY straight face ... “NO,” and then asked us to leave. Sister Mertens was so freaking mad and it was so funny to watch because all day long that was happening to us and I was just amused with how she was handling it. While we were trying some more people we sat down on the curb and I fell asleep so hard... Sister Mertens recorded it... that happened three separate times that day. Then our phone died and I gave our “team-up” companion (who was a recent convert of a week) the wrong address.   Next, we asked a random lady if we could barrow a charger for our super old brick phone. Luckily she had one that fit and we got that settled and our ride was on her way to the right place. We talked to the lady and she had met with missionaries before and was told stuff that wasn't true that made her stop meeting with them but she loves the Family proclamation to the world. Our ride showed up and came out to talk with us and then... THREE COP CARS showed up and the lady we were talking with said very calmly, "oh that’s for me I gotta go" and ran inside.... we were like what the freak?   We got into our car and a cop came up to us to ask if we knew her. CRAZY RIGHT!

5.       Any scary encounters?
We saw a Car accident that day we were walking Seneca and one of the people involved was an undercover cop. no one was hurt though which was good.

6.       Blake wants to know what was your favorite lesson.
My Favorite lesson would have to be the gospel of Jesus Christ because it talks about how we can be cleansed from sin through christ and how we can change and become better. It also really emphasize how it is never too late no matter what we've done.

7.       What did you do last P-day/Memorial Day?
P-day last week was really boring. We wanted to do something fun for Elder Shumway's last P-day but we ended up just hanging out at the church for 8 hours playing volleyball and emailing. Then we had hot dogs at a member’s home.

8.       How was Fast and Testimony meeting?
Fast and Testimony was ok it was a lot like a “Friendimony” Sunday and a lot of crying. There were still good testimonies though.

9.       Your birthday is coming up really soon.  What do you want?
So for my birthday I would really love music on a flash drive—any  music that is a Mormon artist and no music covers of other artists.  umm pictures from my Facebook and from you guys into an album. Letters, my sloth build-a-bear, Walmart gift card, music, Gentri Album!, Sheet music for a guitar, South African Flag to put in my room, SA hat or jersey and pretty much anything SA, that’s all I can think of right now. 

10.    What have YOU cooked this week?
I have cooked cereal this week hahahaha. I would love if you could send me the South African Pancake recipe next Monday the Grants want me to come over and make them with the family it will be so fun! could you also send me the Porkolt recipe?

11.     Are your shoes holding up?  (Remind me the name of the shoes (also the name type) and their size.  What color would you like if I had to send you more?
My shoes are doing ok, but a hole is starting to grow in the bottom so I need another pair soon. The Brand is LifeStride GAWK  black /or navy size 9WM. 

12.    Blake and Jordan want to know what you buy when you go shopping.  Do you usually stick to stuff I would buy, or do you find your own? (Alisha’s mom is cringing now to reveal the answer.  Sigh.)
I don't buy that much. I am kinda bad when I do. I buy cereal, junk cereal, and cookie's and creme pop tarts, I buy bottled water, and snack food because we have dinner with members each night. But when we do go shopping, we split the cost of everything because then it’s cheaper.  There are healthy things I buy like.... well…does the water count?

13.    Blake says that some missionaries in his mission would pool their food money allotment together and plan out their meals for the week to get the most out of their money.  Do you do that?
We pool our money but we don't plan meals out hahaha 

Well that’s all the questions asked hahah!  I love everyone and hope all is well. 

Love,


This is Sister Magda having a tough day.
Sister Magda 

No comments:

Post a Comment