Friday, April 29, 2016

Sickness, Bees, and the Power of Prayer!

April 25, 2016
Dear Family and Friends,
A couple of Cute Chicks!
BEING SICK SUCKS!!!!!
Now this week has been good/horrible!  As you already know, Sister Tafua was sick last Sunday and a little throughout the week. Well last Tuesday I woke up with a bit of a tickly throat but just kept going and doing work. Then the next day, I had fever symptoms and was feeling kinda poopy so I took an hour nap and then went back to work because we had a lot planned for Wednesday and had a lesson with one of our favorite member Sister S. (she's coming back into activity). I also knew I should get a priesthood blessing, so that night after Sister Tafua had to teach the achievement day girls how to Hula Dance I got a blessing. I was feeling pretty good until I woke up the next morning dying !!!! My throat was hurting, my body ached, and I felt very hot so again I took a nap for like 2 hours and then we did a little planning and then out the door we went for our very special dinner appointment.  I didn't want to cancel! It was with Sister S. and her boyfriend who isn't a member of the church.  We went over and as soon as I walked into their house I didn't feel sick anymore and was able to be myself! And… it was such an awesome dinner!  
Let me give you a little back story on Sister S. About three months ago before I came to Wichita, Sister Tafua and Sister Gallebert knocked on Sister S’s door and asked her a few questions.  Sister S. didn't want anything to do with them and said she wasn't going to come back to church and was about to close the door when Sister Gellabert asked her in a desperate voice if she could use the bathroom... She said, “I guess,” and so they all went inside. While Sister Gellabert was in the bathroom, it was just Sister Tafua and Sister S. sitting on the couch kinda in silence. So, Sister Tafua said, “we are supposed to do a service project a week.  Can I do you dishes?”  So Sister S. said, "... I guess if you want to."
Companions and Chickens!
Ever since then they kept visiting her and she would let them in and talk but she would always say she wasn't coming back to church and wouldn't tell you too much about her.  But… the Sunday before I arrived, (Sister Gellabert's last Sunday) she came to church!  Now she has been to church every Sunday since I’ve been here and even asks all these questions and wants to go through the temple. And, she had us over for dinner for the first time! It was so AWESOME!!!!! 
Love these people!
Then, after that my sickness kept getting worse and worse and on Saturday,  we did a service project for K.who's the person we baptized two weeks ago. We mowed her lawn and fixed a new light fixture in her bathroom and planted a flower garden for her it was super fun even though I was dying inside from my sickness. Funny story: While Sister Tafua was mowing her lawn there was a little Christmas tree sized tree in the middle of her yard and she was mowing around it and then I just hear her say, “OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!
I ran over to her and she was just pointing at the tree. When I look I saw a HUGE BEE HIVE!!!! She stopped mowing.  We then tried to get a hold of K. on her phone.  She was gone because she went to get more soil.  We couldn't get her on the phone,  so we asked N., her foster daughter, if I could use her phone to look up how to get rid of a beehive. All the information that came up was some expensive way or a way that would take too long. So I thought hmmm…maybe if I stood far back and sprayed it with a hose that would work... SO I...................didn't do that!   Ha ha ha!
I ended up reading that if they were honey bees they were not aggressive so when K. got back she had a friend who works with bees come and pick it up. Less drama, but so cool! 

I mentioned in an email several weeks back that I would be giving a talk in Sacrament Meeting at the end of April. Those of you who know me well know that I am TERRIBLE at speaking in front of a group.  I get so nervous and overthink things and feel like fainting.  Well, the time had arrived.  Saturday morning (the very DAY BEFORE I would be speaking) I got the topic for my talk.   It would be on Personal Revelation. The bishop also asked for me to include how I knew I was supposed to go on a mission. I only had an hour to write it and because I was so sick and had worked all day planting and mowing and fighting with bees, when I got home I had to go to bed right away and couldn't work on it anymore. I prayed that night that I had done all I could and I asked Heavenly father to help with the rest. Sunday morning I was still super sick and had Ward meetings before Sacrament Meeting.  Then, after those meetings, I sat on the stage and looked at my talk.  I had a half a page of bullet points and two scriptures and a story that was it but I didn't feel nervous. I was way calmer than ever. When I got up to speak, I didn't even look at my notes!  I just talked and read scriptures and told my mission story.  I was supposed to talk for 5-7 min and was up for like 8. Afterwards, everyone came up to me and said how they loved my talk. I couldn't be more grateful to my Heavenly Father because I couldn't have done it without Him!!! 

I love all of you and hope you have a fantabulastic week! 
Love,

Sister Magda

No comments:

Post a Comment