Sunday, April 9, 2017

This Week in Topeka

April 3, 2017
Dear Family and Friends,


I'm sorry, it's been awhile since I sent one of these things out! But it's okay ha-ha!  So, Topeka is absolutely INCREDIBLE!!! Wonderful
people, wonderful weather, and wonderful scary neighbors who do drugs. Ha-ha! It's absolutely fantastic. Best!!

Last Friday we had lunch with all the sisters including the Lawrence sisters! So, I got to see Sister Gillespie! It was really awesome to be able to see her again. We had a wonderful time catching up. We also had good food... CHICK-FIL-A!!!!! Hahaha sooo good!!!

Okay, so we are working with a woman named Jackie. She is wonderful. We are also working with a family named the Williams as well, they are so cute!!! Really working on progressing all the children Heavenly Father has trusted us with! We went to try to visit a former investigator last week but she wasn't home and then I felt prompted to try the house on the other side of the street.  We got to the door, knocked on it 4 times and no answer. But when we turned around OUR FORMER INVESTIGATOR (or so we thought) had just got home. We played it cool and casually (raced) walked to her porch and started talking to her. She wasn’t the person we thought it was.  This is how we met Tara. She is such a fantastic lady! She has so many questions that she has been looking for answers to and as we were talking about The Restoration, she kept saying, “That makes so much sense!” After we taught her about The Restoration she asked if we could come back and teach her more on Tuesday! The Lord has truly been sending so many miracles our way this week! We were able to find so many new investigators. It was such a testimony builder about the power of prayer for Sister Grover and me. God truly does answer our prayers and it may be not as fast as we'd hope or in the way we hope but He will always answer.

I loved General Conference this week! It was so revelatory. We got to watch conference at the church for the first and last session on Saturday, and then on Sunday, we also watched two sessions at a member’s home which was also super nice because they fed us yummy food! So, it was all so good.  Two of my favorite talks was the one by Elder Holland, “Songs Sung and Unsung,”  and the talk by Elder Rasband. Elder Rasband,s talk on “Let the Holy Spirit Guide” about receiving promptings from the Holy Ghost was so awesome! My favorite part of it was when he was saying that we need to act on the FIRST prompting we receive—not the second or third but the first and not to fear if it is a prompting or not because 9 times out of 10 it will be right! That has always been something that has been hard for me—second  guessing the promptings I receive. What he said in his talk really has inspired me to act on everything I receive and not to second guess. We are so blessed to be able to have a living prophet and apostles to lead and guide us. It makes me so happy. I hope you all have such a great week!

Love,

Sister Magda
This little white mouse may have been involved
 in an April Fool's incident.


(Alisha’s mom thought twice about sharing this with you.  Then, she felt that if you know her, you will appreciate her sharing this. It is so her. Heh, heh!)
Funny story: So, while I was watching conference at a family’s home I was sitting on the floor...MISTAKE!  They happen to have a really fat FEMALE dog. While I was focusing on the speaker, the dog comes over and starts licking me all over so violently that I fall over.  It didn’t stop there. The dog starts to…do something that only male dogs are known for.  It was soo gross and while it
was happening the father of the famliy was just laughing so hard and said, "just play dead. Eventually she'll get bored and stop" I was like REALLY????  Finally, I got the dog off me but I felt very violated....
#onlyonyourmission
The lovely lady holding the mouse is...
the perpetrator of the incident!

No comments:

Post a Comment