Monday, February 27, 2017

A Week of Changes

February 13, 2017
Hello Friends and Family,

This week has been super hectic. Monday was my last P-day with Sister Gillespie (She is being transferred away to Manhattan, KS) so we decided to go to Petland and pet all the puppies we wanted....
(Just kidding. We could only pet two ha ha ha!) but they were cute!!! Tuesday, Sister Gillespie went and said goodbye to people in the ward and then that night she packed.  It took her till 5 am!!!! I helped her until 12am but then I was just too tired. The next morning, we went to the church and the people and missionaries driving down to Wichita went together. I stayed with Sister Leavitt until my new companion came. Sister Leavitt is so amazing! She is only 6 weeks out on her mission and is such a solid missionary. She doesn't seem like a greenie at all! We had fun talking to people and getting to know each other.

My new companions is sister Grover.
She is from Idaho Falls and has been out for almost 6 months! Her last area was Lamar, Colorado which is the farthest west you can go in the mission.
It is also a very, very
small town. When she got here she had culture shock because Topeka is a bigger city. We get along well and have a lot of fun teasing each other and making jokes.


We work well together and have seen a lot of miracles this week. One miracle was when we were trying to get in contact with an investigator. We saw this guy was walking his dog late at night....(in the ghetto)  Despite this, we went up and talked with him. He told us he knew some people that were Mormon back when he was younger. We talked to him more about the Book of Mormon and he asked if we could come back and teach him and his family. Super cool!!!

I was super sad to have Sister Gillespie leave. She has become one of my best friends and has helped me grow and change. I know she will do so amazing in Manhattan, Kansas with Sister Nerdin!


Love,

Sister Alisha Magda

No comments:

Post a Comment