Monday, June 26, 2017

Hello from the Maize Ward

May 22, 2017
Dear friends and family,

This week was crazy! We met some pretty cool people, and some really mean people. But that’s missionary life. We moved into the elders’ old apartment and it smells like B.O, and it looked like they had never cleaned it. Because of that, this morning we cleaned, and made it smell nice. Then, we went shopping at Walmart because we were out of chicken nuggets... that’s pretty much all we eat now hahah! Chicken nuggets and lemonade—it’s pretty good. That’s all we did for our P-day. We might try to go see my recent convert, Kala who lives in the Rolling Hills Ward. (My very first area!) I haven’t seen her in a year so I’m excited!
Sister Magda got to see her friend after all!


Last Monday I got to see the Maxwell family! They are like my Kansas grandparents! I love them soo much !! We visited for about an hour and it was so nice. They are moving June 10th to Derby then I won’t be able to see them till I come back to Kansas after my mission. But, Sister Maxwell gave me her new address and insisted I come back to see them after the mission. I promised I would.

This week nothing that eventful happened. We had to huge storms and a tornado that was 45 min away but we kept working though it except a member updated us like every second on what the weather was doing
. When the tornado was 45 min away she called us and said to come to the shelter... the sirens weren't even going off but she insisted we come.
When we told her that we can't go in until the sirens go off she said that we needed to come over and share a spiritual message with their family so that we could come... it was funny because the storm wasn't even bad it was like partly sunny and not even raining but she was scared that the tornado would change directions quickly.

We also knocked on a lot of doors this week and we had this lady answer and she said she was a pastor at another church. We told her our purpose is not to take away from her faith but to help build it and asked if we could share our message with her family. She was really sweet at first then she asked what church we represent and when we told her that we were from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saint she said, “Oh!” and slammed the door.  What do you say to that?  We had to laugh.  And walk away.


We also met a guy that just moved from Boston but he wasn't too interested. He did have a cool accent though! Hmmm any pet stories...... oh I got to pet a calico kitty that was sitting on a fence and then it decided to follow me around for like 20 min. When it was storming, someone’s pet bunnies got loose and so we tried to catch them but they weren't having it haha! 
They ran every which way and then into someone’s yard... hope they didn't have a dog because then they would be dog food haha!

Well that’s all I can think of for this week sorry if it’s a little dull. Next week will be an email full of miracles because the Lord has so much in store for the Maize Ward and all we as missionaries must do is get out of the way and do and be what He needs us to be!!

Love,

Sister Magda

No comments:

Post a Comment