Monday, March 14, 2016

He Will Carry Our Burdens With Us

March 14, 2016
Hello from Wichita!
 
What are THOSE? Clearly I'm not in California anymore.
So this week just FLEW BY!! It feels like just yesterday I was sending my last email to you. This email is going to be short because we have a VERY short P-day and that's because we are going to the Oklahoma Temple on Wednesday!!!!!
We Sisters have FUN!
I'm super excited but that means this week we have to cram a lot in just a few days because we are missing one full day of missionary work. We had District meeting today instead of tomorrow and we have Zone Conference tomorrow and that's from 8:00am-5:00pm and then off to the temple. That means today we only get to email, do laundry and shop and then it's off to work.

This crazy building made me laugh.
 So this week my companion and I did a lot of service with the Young Women. They were doing their fundraiser for girl’s camp. It’s a Garage Sale! The young women call people in the ward to see if they have anything they would like to donate to their Garage Sale. A LOT of people donated! So my companion and I went to the Kitchen's house where the garage sale was and helped organize and sell the stuff (Thank you DI). Mom’s note: Alisha worked at Deseret Industries (An LDS thrift and job training store) before she left on her mission and became quite the expert in pricing and organizing used items. We did that for two of the three days (Thursday and Friday.)
Somehow this sign does not give me comfort.

We also met with a lot of inactive members because sister Tafua loves to show me off to everyone cuz i'm AMAZING!!! you know it's true... lol ;) Then we did a lot of tracting and encountered some awesome people. We met this really cool lady who has a Huge Macaw!
Huge Macaw!
I have a picture with it that I will send you.
Super Cool Sister and her Macaw!
Then we met this older man and got to talking to him about how he loves to work on cars and that's all he wants to do. So we talked to him a little bit about what he did for a living. He worked with planes of some sort but now he's retired and works on his own cars as a hobby. He had a mouth like a sailor though hahaha. After that we met with another member who has been to Citrus Heights CA!!!! Her mom and dad used to be in the Citrus Heights 4th ward. She told us her brother or someone in the family made an Arch for some park in Citrus Heights so I thought that was super cool. She also knows a family with the last name Burke in the Wichita Derby Stake.
This is what 2 hrs playing Volleyball on a P-day looks like!

The members in the Rolling Hills ward are the best people ever. It’s like home to me now. They are such AMAZING people that care so much for the missionaries and do so much for us. It’s going to be the hardest thing when I have to leave them. I am just super glad that won't be for a while! Even though this week has been fun it has also been super challenging for me to come out of my comfort zone and tell people what I know to be true. And once I started to trust in the Lord and have faith that only through my willingness to open my mouth and bare my testimony will He grant me the words to say through the Spirit. It has been the MOST challenging thing I have ever done in my life but the most rewarding thing as well. I leave you with my testimony that I know the Savior lives and that through the Atonement we can return to our Heavenly Father again. And as we practice faith and trust in the lord with all of our hearts, He will guide us through our challenges. He won't take them away, but He will help us to grow from them and become stronger and better people. He will carry our burdens with us. I love my Savior so much and couldn't do this without His help. I can be reluctant to listen but He still doesn't give up and is always there whenever we decide to listen.
Please take some time to visit this link and enjoy a beautiful Easter message.



Love from the Midwest,

After the storm comes the Sun!
Sister Alisha Magda
Foggy Kansas Morning (8:00 am) 

No comments:

Post a Comment